- Loose skin and stretch marks
- Muscle weakness (which can occur as a result of pregnancy)
- Excess fat tissue (commonly accumulated in the lower abdomen)
Juliet’s Story • Abdominoplasty
• The Procedure
An abdominoplasty requires an incision, typically below the bikini line that extends from hip to hip along the lower pubic area. Excess skin is stretched and removed to flatten the abdominal muscles.
This procedure can take approximately 2-4 hours. The Lexington Plastic Surgeons’ preferred tummy tuck method is considered a classical abdominoplasty.
• Ideal Candidate
You should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical team’s instructions for recovery and beyond.Â
- Mandatory compression garments, post-surgery for 12 weeks
- A temporary tube, applied to the incision area to drain excess blood or fluids that may accumulate
- Temporary swelling or minor discomfort during the first 4 weeks
- You may return to work and light activities after approximately 2 weeks
Before & After