Face Lift/Neck Lift
A rhytidectomy removes excess skin, muscles, or fat around the chin and neck. With a traditional facelift, incisions are made along the hairline and temple, around the ear, and end in the lower scalp. Fat may be redistributed while underlying tissue is repositioned. Incision lines will be nicely concealed within the hairline and natural contours of the face.
This procedure generally takes about 3 hours and can improve visible signs of aging that include:
- Deep creases along the nose that extend to the corner of the mouth
- Loss of muscle tone in the mid or lower face
- Loose skin under the chin and jaw
Depending on the degree of change you would like to see, it could be combined with neck contouring, chin implants, or eyelid rejuvenation.
You should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical team’s instructions for recovery and beyond.
- Minimal pain and discomfort
- Stitches are removed within 1 week
- Swelling and discoloration subsides within 2 weeks
- Resume normal activities within 10-14 days
- Resume exercise and strenuous activities in 2-3 weeks