Breast augmentation, also known as augmentation mammoplasty, is a surgical procedure performed to enhance the shape and size of a woman’s breast or to correct an imbalance in a woman’s breast size.
Breast augmentations are one of the most commonly performed cosmetic procedures, often involving silicone and/or saline implants that look and feel natural.
Sarah’s Story A Breast Augmentation
Breast augmentations can be performed within 1-2 hours, with two possible methods of implants:
- The periareolar method involves inserting the implant through an incision made around the nipple
- The inframammary method involves the breast tissue and skin being lifted through an incision where the chest wall and lower part of the breast connect, then the implant is inserted either above or below the chest muscle
You should be an adult in good general health, preferably a non-smoker. Patients undergoing this procedure should have realistic expectations for the results after surgery and be ready to maintain a healthy lifestyle and follow the medical teams instructions for recovery and beyond.
- Temporary fatigue and soreness post-surgery
- No heavy lifting, pushing, or straining during immediate post-operative period
- Return to work within 5-7 day
Before & After